OZTEC is eager to take on any project you may have. Our engineering staff will work with you to find the optimum design solution in any industry sector.
Welding & Fabrication
OZTEC is able to offer welding and fabrication services for both “non-pressure” and “pressure” applications. We use the services of third party NATA certified inspectors for NDT of welds as required.
Blasting & Painting
OZTEC uses the services of nearby contractors for abrasive blasting while painting is done in our paint booth (Width 6 metres, Length 18 metres, Height 4.5 metres). We regularly send steel to Brisbane for galvanising.
Our 11m bed Plasma Cutter, recently purchased second hand from New Zealand, has given us the capacity to cut our own plate and we are readily available to take on outside jobs.
OZTEC manufactures a range of equipment for the oil, gas & mining industries. For example, the company designs and constructs mud tanks, carrier ramps, sub bases, pony bases, pipe supports, big bag hoppers, heat exchangers and specialty skids for projects extending from Queensland's Surat Basin through to exploration projects in Papua New Guinea.
It's client base for this work includes Century Drilling, Santos, Weatherford Drilling, Saxon Energy Services, Enerflex and QGC.
OZTEC produces a range of augers, conveyors and elevators for use in various industries. These include:
- Self-propelled belt conveyors & augers
- Grain elevators
- Fixed & slewed industrial conveyors
Our Augers and Tubeconveyors can be built to suit any requirements. Design features to be considered include length, diameter, and engine size – optional extras include:
- Steerable rear castor wheel
- Work Lights
- Hydraulic belt tensioner which increases the life of the belt considerably by ensuring that the belt is always operating at the correct tension automatically.
- Turntable and chute – hydraulic control
- Sweep auger
In addition to our grain handling gear, OZTEC also manufactures cotton handling equipment. We have years of experience in the production of Cotton Module Builders and Boll Buggies, and our recent engagement with Cotton Equipment Pty Ltd has led to the launch of the Cotton Bale Runner Trailer, a multi-bale handling machine which can carry four bales at once!
Cotton Bale Runner
OZTEC is the manufacturer of the revolutionary new product in bale handling, the Cotton Bale Runner by Cotton Equipment Pty Ltd (owned and operated by Tom Davis). The machine was officially launched at the 17th Australian Cotton Conference, receiving positive responses from the farmers at the conference. The Cotton Bale Runner is designed to increase the efficiency of cotton harvesting, as it can carry four bales at once.
You can read more about the Cotton Bale Runner at http://www.cottonequipment.com.au.
Vertical Lift Boll Buggy
OZTEC’s Vertical Lift Boll Buggy is engineered to handle the high loads imposed when being towed through tail drains and tight turns. The basket is lifted vertically when unloading and an unloading door folds down to allow the lint to be moved horizontally to the module builder using chain bed and slat. The high capacity basket is 7.2m long and has a useable volume of 68 cubic metres. A cushion hitch on the trailer pull considerably reduces the shock loads transmitted to the tractor, making it possible to tow the VLBB at speeds up to 40 km/hr when ground conditions permit. The VLBB has four tandem wheels on a walking beam suspension and hydraulically controlled tilt adjustment levels the basket to suit site conditions.
Cotton Module Builder
The 40ft OZTEC Cotton Module Builder creates modules of cotton with a height of 3100mm to top beam. The poly canopy contains two stowage racks and the CMB has an extra heavy bottom which can be filled with water for extra weight. Standard features include:
- 900mm high lift to bottom beam
- Funnel and tapered door
- 5.5 tonne heavy duty hubs
- “Oztec” silent hydraulic drive carriage
- “Oztec” super dump/high lift standard
- Auto lock and open rear door
- Hydraulic walking beam suspension
- 10ft x 3” bore stomper cylinder with speed block
- Nationally approved hitch points for jinker transportation (Australian Design Rule)
- Walk mesh/Wooden floor
- Spare wheel carrier
- Fire extinguisher holder
- 4 lights fitted
- “MAXI-STOMP” incorporates 2 stompers for better compaction in less time
- Choice of motors – fully fitted, including engine protection
- Automated computer control
- Partitions – 36ft and 38ft
- 4 poly ballast tanks (approx. 2 tonne)
- Wind tarp
- 3mm checker plate
- Tarp bows
- Oversize front and back signs with driver wind protection
- Driver windscreen
- Expandamesh – half back door